Teacher Trinkets

I would always find cool stuff on the internet, and instantly think of ways it could be used in the classroom. I decided to start sharing all that info! Here are tips and tricks, I hope you can find them useful too!

Friday, May 8, 2009

Online Science Demos


Part of my current position is integrating technology into the pre-existing Science curriculum. The extra challenge is justifying it to the teachers who have taught (exceedingly well) for years without computers. I think that University of Colorado's Physics site is a great example of a worthy investment, time-wise for the students. My favorite part is that is simulates lots of concepts, and lets you play with variables to really get a good idea of how things work.

You can employ this site in a few ways:
  • show it on an LCD projector with the whole class, while discussing/asking for hypotheses as to what will happen next
  • You can let the kids loose on computers in groups to play around with it.
  • There are also lesson plans for certain demos, if you want to use those as well.
Please feel free to look at the lesson plan I made for the 4th grade Electricity and Magnetism unit.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

Those are really cool. My class loved it!

May 11, 2009 at 8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home