Teacher Trinkets

I would always find cool stuff on the internet, and instantly think of ways it could be used in the classroom. I decided to start sharing all that info! Here are tips and tricks, I hope you can find them useful too!

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Need some words translated?

I speak pretty decent Spanish, but there are times when I need to make a phone call home to a Spanish speaking family, and I get really nervous about saying the wrong thing. Of course, I write out a script, but I also keep my web browser open to Google Translate in case I need some support on the fly.

Of course, it's not perfect, but I think translating has come a long way since Babelfish, and it's quick and easy to go back and forth (there is a "swap" button at the bottom, to switch translations quickly). It also came in handy during my French course!

Bonus: It can also translate web pages - useful for sending home to parents in-class blogs or textbooks resources. Check out this blog in French!




Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have been using babelfish for years, I didn't know there was something better out there. Thanks a ton for the fyi!

May 9, 2009 at 2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home